I finally found a biscuit recipe that even my daughter would be happy with:) For those who look for recipe which doesn’t include any of the traditional ingredients like wheat flower, oats, eggs, sugar you might like to try this one:
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 15 min
- 6 Tbsp Vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 1.5 cup Maple sirup
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 2 cups Amaranth flour
- 2/3 cup Arrow root starch
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup grated Carrot
- 2/3 cup Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add carrot and raisins at the end.
- Using a palm of your hand flatten the biscuits to 1 cm thickness.
- Grease the tray with a butter.
- Bake for 12-15 min until lightly brown.