bunnyrabbit

Restaurants Open During Ramadan

14 posts in this topic

Hi

Do you know of any restaurants or cafes which are open during the day?

I am super bored and wondering if there was anywhere I could go to, even just for a coffee.......

What time are restaurants opening in the evening, is it 7pm?

La Terraza Hilton Corniche.

Assymetri Radisson Blu Yas.

Last year you could get a coffee at the main restaurant of the ShangriLa

Here in RAK the only options are the (expensive) hotels. I can't for the life of me see why the likes of 'starbucks' et al can't have a little section hidden off or something also. Going out for a coffee and the paper is my only relief during this heat...I put the kids up in the playcentre in the mall and escape for a blissful hour alone. Now I'm stuck wondering around for the hour which just isn't as pleasant (especially as I'm 8 months pregnant and simply don't want to walk around for an hour). Again, what does my head in is the inconsistency....if I were willing to pay an arm and a leg for lunch in the local hotel it would be fine (although there's nowhere for the kids to play anyway). Bah humbug!

Here in RAK the only options are the (expensive) hotels. I can't for the life of me see why the likes of 'starbucks' et al can't have a little section hidden off or something also. Going out for a coffee and the paper is my only relief during this heat...I put the kids up in the playcentre in the mall and escape for a blissful hour alone. Now I'm stuck wondering around for the hour which just isn't as pleasant (especially as I'm 8 months pregnant and simply don't want to walk around for an hour). Again, what does my head in is the inconsistency....if I were willing to pay an arm and a leg for lunch in the local hotel it would be fine (although there's nowhere for the kids to play anyway). Bah humbug!

I just got back from a weekend at RAK & found it so much better for Ramadan than in Abu Dhabi. We even bought food from a stall on the side of the road that one of the cafes had set up. We were in a line of all Emirati's! Good to see they were taking the fasting seriously. But they did have a nice snack just before heading to prayer.

Totally agree with what you are saying. Ramadan drives me crazy. Total shame I can do a runner from this country everytime it comes around. The only thing that keeps me sane is the 5 hour work days that my husband gets for the entire period. Yay to that!