Abu Dhabi Woman
JLove

Circumcision

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 0:55 PM, Resident Abu Dhabi said:

What do you mean it's sort of sealed? Can the baby still pee? A friend of mine had a similar case elsewhere with her son, and they did go ahead a few weeks later with the procedure under anaesthesia. It was perfect afterwards.

Hi Resident in Abu Dhabi, I know this is an old post but I have only just come across it, I had the same experience with my son but mine was in London with a private Dr in his own home, I regret it to this day he asked us to leave the room also and it was not done properly, my son still has extra skin and doesn't look circumcised.  I saw a few Doctors in the UK and they all said he is fine and considered circumcised but when I moved to Abu Dhabi (my son was 3 years old) he needed to be hospitalized for something else and one of the doctors saw it and asked me why I haven't circumcised my son I told him I have he said I should take him to a specialized Dr which I later did and was told by this Dr (at Al Noor airport Rd) also that he needs to be redone as it wasn't done properly he said the procedure would cost me AED10k but if I did it in his private clinic it would cost only 5K!!! he wanted me to sign papers and start with the process but I was scared and didn't go through with it as I was a single mum at the time and was not brave enough to go through this alone and just decided to live with it.  The problem is that my son is now 9 years old and this is still bothering me as I am aware he needs to be circumcised properly but I am so scared because he is much older now..

my question is where did you get your son re-circumcised and how old was he? 

how do you convince a 9 year old to go through this and how quickly will he recover?

I appreciate all your advice

Go where all the locals go ask them where the best place is to go, because it is such a very common procedure here there are many experienced doctors. I would see if the main government hospitals do it first and see what advice they give considering your boy is older now but not alone in that it's been done again, don't worry, it doesn't take long for the tissue to heal, it is wrapped with a lint type of bandage which falls off on its own after a couple of days and usually some protective ointment is put on the area so when baby ( as usually common time to do circumcism)  passes water it doesn't hurt. During the two days baby during that time has an open nappy, no pampers. 

Please take note,  this is from my experience with my own boys and it seems to be similar these days but not sure.  Also, now and days ,  I have heard the hospitals do it a few days after birth otherwise some do it at two months. 

Once done, have him wear a local condora as it is loose and easy to wear. 

He should be able to walk around but not play with any children so they don't fight etc. for at least a few days. 

I would ask at Sheikh Khalifa Hospital first and work from there. 

Edited by DesertDream

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:12 PM, DesertDream said:

Go where all the locals go ask them where the best place is to go, because it is such a very common procedure here there are many experienced doctors. I would see if the main government hospitals do it first and see what advice they give considering your boy is older now but not alone in that it's been done again, don't worry, it doesn't take long for the tissue to heal, it is wrapped with a lint type of bandage which falls off on its own after a couple of days and usually some protective ointment is put on the area so when baby ( as usually common time to do circumcism)  passes water it doesn't hurt. During the two days baby during that time has an open nappy, no pampers. 

Please take note,  this is from my experience with my own boys and it seems to be similar these days but not sure.  Also, now and days ,  I have heard the hospitals do it a few days after birth otherwise some do it at two months. 

Once done, have him wear a local condora as it is loose and easy to wear. 

He should be able to walk around but not play with any children so they don't fight etc. for at least a few days. 

I would ask at Sheikh Khalifa Hospital first and work from there. 

Many thanks dear DesertDream, I will check sheikh Khalifa hospital.  I have since spoken to my son openly about it and he has accepted to go through with it and we have agreed to have it done during the summer vacation, hope it goes well this time.

7 hours ago, lostinkhalifa said:

Many thanks dear DesertDream, I will check sheikh Khalifa hospital.  I have since spoken to my son openly about it and he has accepted to go through with it and we have agreed to have it done during the summer vacation, hope it goes well this time.

He will be fine inshallah by God's good Grace --and he deserves an award afterwards : )