Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
JacquieN

Need a Maid

Hi

Does anyone know of a good maid that is coming to the end of her current position? We have tried 2 maids now and they have not proved very good. We are an English family living in MBZ with 2 small dogs and an 8 year-old daughter.

Any recommendations welcome (preferably not Sri Lankan due to the new procedures you have to go through with their embassy).

Sorry to post here but the adverts section seems to be maids advertising themselves mostly. I want a family referral.

Thanks so much.

JacquieN

What are the new procedures for Sri Lankan maids? I guess this is to do with the high profile cases of mistreatment. Does it apply to re doing visas?

You need to sign a standard form employment contract from the Sri Lankan government and a couple of other forms and register it all (with her insurance of course) at the Embassy here in AD (along with 500 AED odd). The maid also has to undergo 2 weeks of "maid training" in Sri Lanka before she can get a Maid certificate which she needs to leave the country.

At least that's what I understand now. It's all very confusing and a complete pain in the harris...

Oh ... well I hope it doesn't apply to existing maids! Maid training course might be good in theory but will be interested to hear what they actually learn! Best of luck finding a maid...