Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kassia

I can check online for any speeding /parking fines!

9 posts in this topic

My neighbour was about to renew his driving licence and he said you can check with the UAE Police Dept online if you have any outstanding fines for speeding / parking before you are able to renew it. I checked mine today for the fun of it - by entering the car reg number - and so far so good...phew! :smile: Then again I've only driven here for just over a month!

lol, yes it's true, one can do that, but I don't know,,,doesn't always work, i went online to check if I had anything a few months ago when I was renewing my car registration, didn't show anything, when I got there,I OWED 3000 dirhams! :sob:

lol, yes it's true, one can do that, but I don't know,,,doesn't always work, i went online to check if I had anything a few months ago when I was renewing my car registration, didn't show anything, when I got there,I OWED 3000 dirhams! :sob:

We had exactly the same happen 2 years ago. We literally checked online & it showed zero fines & then 10 minutes later when we got to the rego office there was AED3100 owing.

We had exactly the same happen 2 years ago. We literally checked online & it showed zero fines & then 10 minutes later when we got to the rego office there was AED3100 owing.

Me too ! I went online it shows no fines...yeah Go down to pay for the registration etc- 4000d worth of fines.

I dont trust the online service now.

Maybe they think if they just spring it on us at the last minute, rather than have us getting more & more upset on the drive to the rego office, then we won't yell as much!

beside the right T.C. No. you need to take care about the right category. That was where i struggled in the beginning. I thought, coz my number plate is red, that i am red category but i have a hugh 5 on the plate that makes me fifth category. Since i make that right i see all my fines. And after the big shock, apr. 1 year ago, that i had to pay so much money that i reaaly lost a dream vacation, i drive almost like an angel and only got 2 fines in the last 10 month ;-)