Katie_UK

Blonde Hair

33 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I highlight my hair and desperately need to find a hairdresser where I can get this done, without it turning orange or costing me an arm and a leg.

Can any other blondies (or fake blondies more likely) recommend a good, reasonably priced hair dresser for full head highlights and cut??

Thanks in advance.

K

I can vouch for Glamour Salon, after years of orangutan/blue/general disasters that cost heaps, it is the only place that I have found that can do blonde well.

I don't think it's half as expensive as some places, and no 'artiste', bow to the folicle god attitude.

I can vouch for Glamour Salon, after years of orangutan/blue/general disasters that cost heaps, it is the only place that I have found that can do blonde well.

I don't think it's half as expensive as some places, and no 'artiste', bow to the folicle god attitude.

Thanks!

Is it the one on Corniche/4th street? Can you give me a rough guide as to how much it would cost for a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry?

Thanks!

Is it the one on Corniche/4th street? Can you give me a rough guide as to how much it would cost for a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry?

Yes, that's the one, it's in the first floor of blue Al Nilein Bank building, Mawaqif parking, and they will go down and top it up if you are there longer than maximum time.

I have heaps and heaps of hair, last time I was there, I got soem beauty services, 3 products and a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry and it was 1000 dizzers - I didn't get price of shampoos etc - but expect that the actual hair component was about 700, just ask as they are very helpful.

Steve (yep!) at Amisque is in charge of my blonde 'do. Tried several other hairdressers and couldn't have been happier with his skills and prices.

Steve (yep!) at Amisque is in charge of my blonde 'do. Tried several other hairdressers and couldn't have been happier with his skills and prices.

Thanks...is that in the tourist club area?

Hi there,

I was in the same predicament and after asking around I went to Kylie at Glamour Salon. I have just below shoulder length hair and for full highlights, cut and style it was AED630 which I thought was pretty good considering the prices being mentioned on here. And was very pleased with my do, no stripes or orange!

Hairworx is good - I have Cat do my hair, I've fine, natural blonde which I get highlighted - it's very difficult to do well, but she manages. Seems to be on par with prices quoted above.

Yes, that's the one, it's in the first floor of blue Al Nilein Bank building, Mawaqif parking, and they will go down and top it up if you are there longer than maximum time.

I have heaps and heaps of hair, last time I was there, I got soem beauty services, 3 products and a full head of highlights, cut and blow dry and it was 1000 dizzers - I didn't get price of shampoos etc - but expect that the actual hair component was about 700, just ask as they are very helpful.

OMG! 700 dirhams! that's unbelievable! I pay like 500 at Glow Hair Salon, One to ONe, and thought THAT was alot! I would expect they'd do an amzing job for the prices you paid... :blink:

OMG! 700 dirhams! that's unbelievable! I pay like 500 at Glow Hair Salon, One to ONe, and thought THAT was alot! I would expect they'd do an amzing job for the prices you paid... :blink:

They did do an amazing job, and as I said - I don't actually know how much it was as the final price included products and beauty services.

I have a heap of hair and it takes ages and absorbs heaps of colour. I would have happily paid double that after the crapful experiences I have had here.

They did do an amazing job, and as I said - I don't actually know how much it was as the final price included products and beauty services.

I have a heap of hair and it takes ages and absorbs heaps of colour. I would have happily paid double that after the crapful experiences I have had here.

lol, ur obviously on a much higher salary than I am :winksmile:

I personally think the girls at Changes do a really good job, i've always had my hair coloured by them...

If ur interested: 02 - 6341147

lovingmy40s likes this

Hi

I can vouch for Glamour 100 times over I paid around 550dhs. It is simply the BEST in Abu Dhabi.

Also i just read last week in Abu Dhabi weekly they did a makeover for 3 special ladies and they wrote Glamour is the hottest new salon in town.

GO GLAMOUR :victory:

I'm a changes girl ! Not the fanciest salon in town, but angela is fantastic! I wouldn't change, she knows what i like and she knows what she's doing thats for sure.. :D

I'm heading out to try Glamour Salon - can anyone give some further directions to the actual location?

It is on 4th Street, and near the Corniche (about 2 or 3 buildings back) - as you are facing the Corniche it is on the right hand side in a blue building called Al Nilein Bank building - there is Mawaqif parking all around. You have to go up to level 1 (I think), then there is a closed door with Glamour poster at front.

Have fun and let us know what you think.

Thanks ladies for helping me get there! I really liked kylie and what she did with my hair. It looks much better than what the last guy did. I have some nice blonde mixed into my natural hair color so it doesn't look over done!

Am so excited!! Was devastated when Celeste From Sharanis left as I have very short, curly hair that only Celeste had been able to cut. But after reading the reviews about Glamour, I plucked up the courage and went. Anne Marie cut and coloured my hair and boy am I EVER pleased. Yippeeeee.......LOVE my hair cut and colour and style. Anne Marie is very accommodating and listens very carefully to what you ask for. She is very talented and put in some funky highlights etc that look very cool (to me anyway!!).

The salon is clean and very tidy etc. There is paid parking around.

Three cheers for Anne Marie at Glamour :thumbsup::victory::party:

THANKS Videovixen!!!

Hi

Just had my hair done again at Glamour and its FABULOUS :victory: :victory:

Also some :gossip: theirs a new lady just started from Scotland looks very smart

The Scottish lass, Kaarina (fyi pronounced KAAR-ena, not Ka-REE-na) just did great job on my blonde highlights. Very natural looking. This is the third hairdresser I've tried since moving to AD last fall, and best so far. I plan to go back for a cut in a few weeks.

VideoVixen's direction are good. Just note it's on level 0, which is up from Ground (G) and Mezzanine (M). Funny to me because in US we start on the ground at 1, so here 3 floors up and you're only at zero :)

I have been here almost 3 years and always go to the ladies hairdressers at the Meridien Hotel in the TC area. It is always AED 450 for full head of highlights and cut and blow dry. Have tried 4 other places in the past 3 years and have never been happy - 1 place even burnt my scalp! Will keep Glamour as a back up plan for the future I think. Thanks x

I have been here almost 3 years and always go to the ladies hairdressers at the Meridien Hotel in the TC area. It is always AED 450 for full head of highlights and cut and blow dry. Have tried 4 other places in the past 3 years and have never been happy - 1 place even burnt my scalp! Will keep Glamour as a back up plan for the future I think. Thanks x

Do you have a phone number??

Thanks

Hi, No I don't sorry as they don't take appointments you just walk in and ask - I have never been told no or to come back later I am seated withing 5 minutes and out within just over an hour, not the most bling place but have always found them good - hope to go later today myself. x