Abu Dhabi Woman

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is karen, from Brooklyn, New York, and I'm moving to Abu Dhabi in January with my husband and 11 month old DD. We're super excited, and nervous :) I'm trying to get everything ready and figure out some logistics, and am running into an issue with diapering.

We've been using gDiapers here in the states, but I understand they aren't sold there. Anyone out there have knowledge on diapers? The gDiapers are cloth outers, with a plastic liner and use disposable inserts. Are there any brands of disposable inserts sold there that we might be able to use with our current system?

Thanks in advance!!!

karen

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the forum, and to the UAE (soon!)

Ive never heard of disposable inserts here. In fact when I brought some cloth diapers for my son (also 11 months!) I ordered them online from the US and the UK. Can you switch to washable inserts?

hi karen,

there are some cloth diapers sold here at the organic store in dubai mall, at najo secret in the port shopping center in abu dhabi and at just kidding in dubai. not brands i'm familiar with from the u.s. though. the organic store does sell allen's naturally detergent and our LG washer has a baby care setting on it, that i guess is right for cloth diapers. there's also an "eco-friendly" disposable called moltex oko i think. they're okay. expensive! and the size you actually need might not correspond to the guidelines on the package. if i remember correctly, they run small. if you need diaper cream that's okay to use with cloth, bring a supply with you. if you need additional sizes, night-time system, etc. get that sorted out before you leave. there's more to choose from by far in the u.s. than what's here and shipping here takes time and is expensive.

best of luck with your move!

I attemptedclothdiaperingmyboy, as well asdecidedit wasn'tfor me personally, and so iloadedin thediapersthinkingI wouldsellall of themafter iexperiencedthe time. So nowI have abigcontainerofMothereasebaby diapersthat istrying outroomand Iwant to sellthem. I'vein love withauction web sitesbeforeas well as'mcomfortabledoing itpresently there, unless youhave amuch bettersiteyou canrecommend. My quesiton is principallyhow manymust idevotea lot. Wemeasuredall of themupand haveTwenty sixbaby diapers, 19liners, as well asElevencovers (in various sizes). Anyguidancecould behelpful.

Edited by antone

I bought washable cloth nappies from Sophia; she sells different brands of washable nappies and very knowledgeable on modern cloth nappies. Ask her if she has disposable inserts. her email add is info@mayangels.com

Thanks everyone for your advice! I think we'll bring as many inserts as we can, and do a combo of washables and disposables if I can't find the right inserts to buy there. I have looked into shipping there and it is very expensive! I'm glad to know the names of some of the baby stores and resources

Mothercare used to have a similar system which they sold here with disposable inserts - I have no idea if they still do though but might be worth seeing if anyone else knows