Abu Dhabi Woman
Ceara

Finding A Live-Out Nanny

Hey ladies,

I may be suddenly employed in a couple of weeks (with any luck!) and I'm wanting to know details about live out nannies.

I've not had a maid or anything up til now, although hubby's company provides us with a houseboy (horrible word, I prefer house-dude!). What I'm hoping for, and I'm aware I'm probably dreaming on this one, is a live-out Nanny (our living arrangements don't allow for live in) that is under agency sponsorship. Does this happen at all?

I'm not looking for a maid/carer, I'm not expecting any cleaning (apart from child related messes) or cooking or anything like that, this is a straight nannying position. Oh and excellent English, as my daughter has 2 hours or so schoolwork a day that she'll need help with.

So, anyone have a live out nanny and can point me in the right direction as far as agencies?

A friend of mine has a live out maid by referral. The maids mother is the nail tech for my friend. She sponsored the lady and brought her here, and pays her extra for renting a bed space with her mother. It can happen.

A friend of mine has a live out maid by referral. The maids mother is the nail tech for my friend. She sponsored the lady and brought her here, and pays her extra for renting a bed space with her mother. It can happen.

Thanks for that momof3, I was hoping I'd be able to find a live out maid under agency sponsorship, as if I end up needing one it'll be at very short notice! Thanks for the info :)

Hi dear :)

Just wondering if you have thought about the nurseries in the area. There is Humpty Dumpty and Teddy Bear Nursery in Khalifa A. It's an idea anyway. Best of luck !

Hi DD :)

I have thought of those but my daughter is too old to go to them, and at the moment I'm happy with her being home-schooled, it's a much cheaper and a New Zealand curriculum! Argh, it's such a minefield this nanny thing!

Is your job going to be full-time? I really wouldn't recommend using a maid type "nanny" to home school your child. Their English will not be good enough. If you are going to work full-time and will not be supervising her home-school work yourself, then you should send her to school IMO. Or employ a qualified nanny which will be expensive and will take time to arrange. Anyway, in answer to your question, it is possible to employ a full-time maid through a maid agency on their sponsorship - haven't done it myself but know people who have.

What hours need to be covered? You could possibly have a school mum from 8,30-2pm - I am sure there are some mums out there in KCA where this could be ideal - shadow teaching if you want to call it that.

Edited by aurora

What hours need to be covered? You could possibly have a school mum from 8,30-2pm - I am sure there are some mums out there in KCA where this could be ideal - shadow teaching if you want to call it that.

I thought about that, but I also wondered about the legality of it. I'd need someone from 8am til 5.30pm probably, so not sure it'd work. Good suggestion though, thanks!

I know there are agencies that do agency sponsored maids that are under their sponsorship and not yours, but that is for maids... not english first language type nanny. I also know there are nanny agencies, such as majestic nannies, that are expensive but help you find native english speaking nannies. However, they are still sponsored by you and you have to help them deal with living arrangements. I think you will, unfortunately, have a difficult time finding exactly what you are looking for...legally. Even finding a school mum on the side would still be illegal, although many do still try their luck this way.

Hello everyone who looking for live out housemaid.im michelle rosales looking for a job as an live out housemaid.my contract is already finish and i need an expat employer whom i can work with.i am a hardworking person,honest and can be trusted too.i've been here in abu dhabi for 6 years in the british family.anyone whose going to be interested to hired me here my number 0569716001..thanks michelle