Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
momof3

Academic Year 2012-2013, When Will It Start?

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard when school will start back this year after summer vacation? I know previous years it has started shortly after Eid, but with Ramadan and Eid being a bit earlier this year I wasn't sure if the schools will come back in late Aug or still not until Sept.

Thanks!

i need to know this too! Getting ready to book tickets home and need to know the lastest i can come back..but I cant find that info anywhere.. Hope someone can tell us!

Most years it has been on 4th September-the only time it changes is when there is some significant reason for it.

Edited by DesertDream

I was told by the vice principal of a government school today that the government schools should be starting in 2nd week of september.

I thought that the ed council had started requiring all private and gov schools to have similar dates for school opening and holiday's? It would be nice to start a little later, though... longer vacation :biggrin1:

Noora, when are you leaving for the US?

I thought that the ed council had started requiring all private and gov schools to have similar dates for school opening and holiday's? It would be nice to start a little later, though... longer vacation :biggrin1:

Noora, when are you leaving for the US?

inshallah may 1st! so excited.