Abu Dhabi Woman
susan76

INTRODUCE YOURSELF !!!

Hi All,

I am Jan 40yrs young with two sons 16yrs and 3yrs we will be arriving in Sept and have to admit you ladies have made the thought of moving so much easier. At the moment we live in the north west of the UK..but after a visit last month I am really looking forward to the change...hope to meet lots of you very soon xx :biggrin:

I'm Maree (formerly Aussie Mum on the old boards). I have 2 daughters :wacko: , 4yo Jessie and 19mth old Charlotte and I'm 34 .

Moved here 3 years ago from Melbourne Australia, but am a Tassie girl (Launceston to be exact) and have also lived in Perth.

Hi all,

I am Ilse, 34 and have two kids, Dylan is 11 and Nadine is 8. They both go to AIS. I am originally Dutch, moved to South Africa with my parents. I met my husband there, Justin. And from there we moved here last year November. We both work for Etihad - I work in finance and he works in procurement.

Hi my name is Louise. I am a Dental Therapist. I am currently living in Darwin NT Australia.

My family of 2 girls ( Age 11& 9) and husband will move over to AD in July with an Australian Engineering Company.

I love to keep active & busy. I love to meet people. :gossip:

I really enjoy being part of this forum and feel like I have friends in AD already.

hi i am brenda am 41 and have 3 sons. two are still in Scotland they are 20yrs and 19yrs. my youngest son is 14yrs.

we have been in AD for approx 6 months. i am not working at the moment. still undecided there but have decided to do some voluntary work until i know what to do.

Edited by 10ant

Hi

I am Cat (real name is Catriona though i never use it), 35yrs old, british. We've been here almost 2 yrs, married to a Frenchman who builds bridges; we have 3 girls, 6yrs, 4yrs and our newest addition is 4 months old! Lived in HK for 3 yrs, then Malaysia for 6 yrs, and then New York and now here!

When I ask the kids where they come from they really dont know! :scratch:

Thats whats great about AD, such a variety of nationalities and places we've come from!

hi my names Gill . Lived in abu dhabi for 15 months .was brokehearted to have to leave .Lived in the middle east for 12 yrs ( 10 1/2 yrs in saudi and loved every min of it ) we have Laura 23 who lives in abu and works for etihad as cabin crew . Emma 28 is a dental nurse and lives near newcastle where i am originally from . We have a house in the highlands of scoltand which I love to go back to .At the moment we are in Milan and will be going to qatar oct time . I will be in abu more than qatar when i do get back .oh I am 48yrs and Tinks drinking partner .gill :drink:

Hi, I'm the teawife; originally from the German Hill Country of Texas. My hubby is a geoscientist (originally from N. Ireland); my nearly 12-year-old son goes to BSAK and was born in Malaysia when we were posted in Kuala Lumpur. My career was as a writer, editor, desktop publisher, web designer and a teacher of the above. However, all this ping-ponging of serial expat life has played havoc on my career. So now I spend a great deal of time on my favorite hobbies of rubber stamping and scrapbooking, and I share this obsessive madness with other ladies!

Edited by teawife

Hi

I am Jay, I moved to AD 3 weeks ago with my hubby, who is an architect, and my little bubs (daughter) who will be 5 months next week. We have moved from Newbury, Berkshire, UK.

I just turned 29, this is the first time I have lived abroad, dh did it with his family when he was growing up.

So far am enjoying AD as everyone on the board has made the move so much easier!! :Clap-Hands:

I'm Sharon 46 from South Yorkshire I was sharon12 and tinkerbell on the old boards. I have 2 daughters and 1 son all in the uk. I've into my 4th year here and still enjoying!! Victory.gif

Hi, I am Jessica, 28 yrs old and from India.I've been in abudhabi since 1999, but got to know abt these expatwomen only a few months back. We have a daughter who will be 4 in july and now i am so addicted to this board tht i can't live without it even for a day!

Hi I'm Albee, I'm a 35 year old South African. I've been in the UAE for 8 years (is that too long? Scratch-Head.gif ) however we have only been in Abu Dhabi for the past 3 months. I have a 5 year old daughter and my husband is in the aviation industry.

Edited by albee

This is Foxy previously Catgirl (age 35)

An Albanian from Kosova, moved to London in 1992, lived there for 13 years. I have two gorgeous daughters aged 13 and 9. My husband works at the Air Force base, he's from the US. We've been in AD since Sept of 2005, not sure if I'd like to stay here for a long time but I've met some lovely ladies and made some great friends.

I am Alicia (aka HummerGirl and yes I know what a 'Hummer' is now!), I am from Australia and have been here since November 06. I am here with my Hubby (works in IT) and 2 kiddies and I am loving it, everyday gets better and better and the friends I have made here in AD will never be forgotten!

Hi all...........nothing artifical about my user name!! Lived in Saudi for three years, Al Ain for 18 months, Dubai for just over a year and now Bahrain for coming up a year - husband in the aviation industry, Two boys back home in NZ 24 and 21 yrs old - so you can work out an age for me Scratch-Head.gif I know I am not in AD at the moment but can perhaps answer questions some of you may have about the other places wink_smile.gif

Hi i am yasmin , i am from egypt and ia m 28 years old , i have 2 kids , a daughter 3years and 7 months and son who is 9 months and half.I have been here for 5 years ,,,my hubby is a telecom engineer, has been here for 10 years ,,,,,also still don't know if i am willing to stay here for more time or not.

Hi all,

I'm Ali, moving to Dubai in 6 weeks Sob.gif with 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son. Leaving behind 2 boys 18 and 26 and my big girl 21. Husband in financial stuff with banks. I currently work in the field of microbiology but am looking forward to being an at home full time mummy Clap-Hands.gif

Love all your smiley faces icon_pidu.gif particularly that one!

Ali x

Hi everyone 006.gif

My name is Karen, im currently in the east of england at present but will be in Abu by the end of june. Hubby is leaving next sat tho Sob.gif We are coming with our 11 year old daughter who I will be wanting to get into school, she will be due to start year 7 in sept. Hubby is a paediatric surgeon/urologist, im hoping to find something when im there. Have done a variety of jobs here inbetween raising 5 children. We have 3 grandsons also............yes its going to be a wrench to move away from them but im hoping my eldest daughter will follow eventually. Looking forward to a different way of life and much stricter morals for our daughter [ not much of that going on in uk! ] Anyway you all seem lovely and can't wait to get out there and hopefully meet up. thumbs_up.gif