Abu Dhabi Woman
susan76

INTRODUCE YOURSELF !!!

Thanks for the encouragement Polo. I think it's because of the close promixity to my rather conservative extended family here. Funny as it may sound, the only other person whom I can effectively communicate with is my husband. Sometimes I don't know if there's something wrong with the way I communicate my message which doesn't get across, even though most of my sister-in-laws have been educated abroad!

I suppose you are right. I should get out more and maybe my transition will not be so bad.

. Funny as it may sound, the only other person whom I can effectively communicate with is my husband.

Hey Ash,

A rare talent!!!!!..Looking forward to meeting you and getting some tips.

Heya Ash! I'm a new arrival with no kids, been married 3 years too... you're not alone here that's for sure! Definitely come out to the events - you'll be having a ball here in no time, everyone's so friendly. It's a big change esp. from NYC!! but the people here are great and that makes all the difference .... well, there's still no DSW here...anyway, you get the idea!

Anne

Hi Anne. Vast difference. In the months leading to my move, I gradually gave up my career as a dancer with a ballet company in NYC. I suppose the prolonged 3 year honeymoon is finally over.

Hi all! I'm Carolynne (aka Caro) - currently coming from NZ - but originally from Aussie... 023.gif

35 on Saturday (me not the the temp!), I could be flying in on the 10th or some other time in the next few weeks as we await the final visa timing...! Hubby is a pilot with Etihad offcially having started today, whilst I look after our 2 fantastic kids - Ryan (turning 7 on 25th May) and Kiera (2). I come from a background of building businesses from startups to internationals and love having plenty on the go!

Hoping that AD will offer more time to spend on me now that I will officially be a "housewife" and keen to hear of any babysitters as we never had any in Auckland...aaaarrrggghh! mad.gif Can't wait to get into the fun & thank you all just for being here!!! icon_pidu.gifgossip.gifClap-Hands.gif

PS. Will be living in company accom in Khalifa B....

Ash - wowza! I'm a performer too -- just gave up on being on stage 5 nights a week! WAH!! We gotta meet!!

On the upside, I really believe there's need for every skill here. Dollars to donuts you'll be dancing here or teaching dance as soon as you are ready! Personally, I'm enjoying some beach time before going after the creative career stuff. Enjoying the process, you know ...

=)

Anne

sorry for going off topic

Oh wait. I don't have to be sorry!

This message was not brought to you by Volvo.

What a coincidence Anne. I hung up my pointes in September last year, professionally that is. The only dancing I do now is at home, where DH had the gym extended to include a small dance studio. Are you looking at teaching or joining a local dance company once you've had your fill of beach time? DH told me not to expect too much from the local performing scene or I'll be disappointed. I am looking forward to going for Chicago the Musical at Emirates Palace at the end of the month. Are you going?

Ash, that's very loving advice your hubby gave you. I've only been here a month but I find that the infratstrucure here is great (gorgeous theaters!) but there isn't really a defined creative community of artists, actors, dancers, filmmakers etc here - it's definitely a choose-your-own-adventure kinda place. I'm an actor / comedian (improv, stand up) and I'm sussing out the situation here .... I feel a little lost without a structure but inspired/ hopeful too. Actually, just knowing that there's someone else in the same boat has just made my day!

=)

Anne

Yes, definitely going to see Chicago! LOVE All that JAZZ!

Anne, I was being presumptuous in my excitement at coming across a fellow performer whom I assume was also a dancer. I would very much like to perform again although I cannot see any possibilities in my immediate horizon. Where are you from Anne? and what brings you to this here sandy shores?

Ash, unfortunately you missed Anne's comments on another Board- they were side splitten funny especially her last post about feeling threatened by smillies etc......then she wonders why I have poise pads on my b'day gift list!!!!

Sorry to interrupt... Born in Indiana, raised in Montreal, lived in the Washington DC area for 7 years before landing here 12 months ago. 3 russian teenagers, 2 rescue beagles, 1 trailing husband (I am the moudira as he likes to say). 45 for another 6 months or so...Can count up to 10 in arabic.

006.gif

Hi I'm Mandy, coming out to AD at the end of June with my hubby and soon to be 16 year old son. Leaving behind my 18 year old son and my hubby's 3 kids, 18, 21 and 23.

All from Hull (East Yorkshire, UK), both in teaching and both got jobs over there when we arrive. Never lived away from the UK but really looking forward to the change in life (and all the wine evenings that are being organised). Dancing-Chilli.gif

Life seems to be so mad here are the moment, trying to sort everything out. I'm sure it'll get easier huh.gif (Will it?)

Mandy

Hi Mandy

Im Karen [ nanyk ] coming out end of june myself with my 11 year old daughter. We are leaving behind 4 children, 3 boys, 18, 20, 21, and our eldest daughter who is 24 in nov and we have 3 grandsons also!! Hoping eldest daughter and grandchildren will follow eventually!Not sure yet about alot of things unsure.gif but from what I have been reading here im feeling alot better already as everyoner seems to be soooooooooooo nice! smile.gif So have you sprted anything out yet with a place to stay? We havn't yet, but hubby is going out this sunday to start work monday and he will be back after 5 weeks for a week or 2 then we all fly out together around the end of june! Whilst he is out there he is hopefully going to find us a place to live [ hopefully a villa or compound villa with a pool!!! In the heat there im thinking a dip in the pool will be needed! Can't wait though to meet up with everyone and have a chit chat gossip.gif and icon_jook.gif !! Do you know whereabouts you will be living, what area do you want? What school are you hoping to get your children into? We are going for the british school or the cambridge school. Well it will be nice to meet you when we are there so please keep in touch. ciao for now 006.gif

Thanks gals. See you in the emergency room.

Er - get in line, I am bound to be there before you!!! Either from Gym or Polo or a mixture of both --- (actually the worst injury I have had is from a Carrefour Trolley in the last 9 months)

LOL! Pologuru - watch for the Carrefour trolleys with the blacked out windows.

Juliette - my husband is a Montrealer and we've been wondering if there were any others here!!!!

Welcome! Is your hub French Canadian?

Anne

Hi, I am 30 YO Aussie girl from Sydney and Gold Coast. Its nice to know there are lots of fun girls in AD that seem to have very similar interests, particularly looking forward to joining one of your wine nights!

Edited by seapixie