Abu Dhabi Woman
susan76

INTRODUCE YOURSELF !!!

Hi Everyone

I'm Mel and I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in January. I'm rather nervous about it, having lived in the UK my whole life. I am excited too though.

Never having visited the UAE before I'm not sure what to expect. What is life like for women in Abu Dhabi?

1 hour ago, Meltigger said:

Hi Everyone

I'm Mel and I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in January. I'm rather nervous about it, having lived in the UK my whole life. I am excited too though.

Never having visited the UAE before I'm not sure what to expect. What is life like for women in Abu Dhabi?

Hi Mel

Welcome to the house, you came to the right place. 

Here you will find ladies  and women's from all over the world. 

They will guide you on what you supposed to do and where to go and by the time you will get used to it.  I'm sure you will love it Whether in UAE and in Abu DhabI. 

I wish you all the best. 

Hi friends,

I am from India lost the job for this recession and having one daughter 12 yrs old who is studying in mussafah. Now giving car lift for ladies and childrens. if anybody interested please contact me. my number is 0501018288

Hey

I'm a new member just signed on ^^

im 28 turning 29 in feb, single, moved from Ajman nearly 2 years now.

i live in khalifa city and work at a government office, my family is in Ajman and i see them on weekends

so i have alot of free time!!! i have completed my MBA and am not looking to further my education at the time being.

i love movies & TV Shows (im a different person online as i am an avid fan LOL Multi-fandom), reading, yoga (especially meditation), fitness

i would love to meet new people and just connect ^^

Edited by Noda

Hi everyone i am Reem i live in Abu Dhabi , 38 years old , married .. pregnant ... no idea about what to do after the delivery with the Baby .. when i found this site i felt so relief because i really need help . Thanks 

28 minutes ago, Raneem said:

Hi everyone i am Reem i live in Abu Dhabi , 38 years old , married .. pregnant ... no idea about what to do after the delivery with the Baby .. when i found this site i felt so relief because i really need help . Thanks 

Welcome Raneem,

You'll find people here from all over the world, people who will help, guide and stand with you whenever you need. Specially ladies here :)

Good luck with your new babies and God bless you.

16 hours ago, Raneem said:

Welcome Raneem.....Great way to meet up is pop to the coffee morning...normally a small group so not too overwhelming for the first time. Congrats on the baby and will look forward to meeting you.

Wish u best of luck ...its difficult to move alone with kid ....but Allah will help you dont worry .Mino

Edited by Snveeda

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the ADW Forums as I was getting so many Google search hits from this site I thought I could cut out the middle man, so to speak, and go straight to the source. Also I'm not on Facebook so this Forum is perfect for me!

Our family has moved here from Australia and while my husband has been here since April our 4 year old boy and I have been here for almost 5 weeks now. We live in an apartment in Al Reef and we're enjoying it very much so far, great amenities close by and Yas Island is our local go to spot for almost everything we need/want.

I have found a wonderful salon who stock my particular brand of hair dye colour (very, very important) at Tara Rose though I have a few follow up questions about PO Boxes in Al Reef from an old post on this Forum as well as any advice on finding a good doctor, finding someone who may have a child going to the Canadian International School that we may be able to get a ride with at the end of the day as I don't drive, or finding a good driver service. I will also be looking for work in my profession which is museum collection management.

So here's my questions:

• I know there are PO Box options such as Area and Apartment though I can't find any information about which is available in Al Reef and where they may be located. What's the best way to find out this information?
  • We have health cover with NAS and a cursory search tells me there's nothing in their network anywhere near Al Reef, looks like they're around the city centre. How have others found a good General Practice doctor? I've only had a quite look at the recommended forum so the answer may be to look there?
  • Does anyone else on the forum live in Al Reef? I was very relieved to find the recycling bins outside of the apartment building and if there's any other information you can share that would be helpful ie. community events notices, guidelines for living in the area etc. My husband had the apartment all set up before we got here which was great, just can't help feeling there may be more information we should have.
  • Does anyone in Al Reef have kids at the Canadian International School? 
  • What's the best way to find a driver service?
  • What's the best way to investigate positions vacant in the cultural sector in AD?

Apologies for the probably longer than usual introduce yourself post, I'm also pretty new to forums!

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide :smile:

2 hours ago, Mother Goth said:

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the ADW Forums as I was getting so many Google search hits from this site I thought I could cut out the middle man, so to speak, and go straight to the source. Also I'm not on Facebook so this Forum is perfect for me!

Our family has moved here from Australia and while my husband has been here since April our 4 year old boy and I have been here for almost 5 weeks now. We live in an apartment in Al Reef and we're enjoying it very much so far, great amenities close by and Yas Island is our local go to spot for almost everything we need/want.

I have found a wonderful salon who stock my particular brand of hair dye colour (very, very important) at Tara Rose though I have a few follow up questions about PO Boxes in Al Reef from an old post on this Forum as well as any advice on finding a good doctor, finding someone who may have a child going to the Canadian International School that we may be able to get a ride with at the end of the day as I don't drive, or finding a good driver service. I will also be looking for work in my profession which is museum collection management.

So here's my questions:

• I know there are PO Box options such as Area and Apartment though I can't find any information about which is available in Al Reef and where they may be located. What's the best way to find out this information?
  • We have health cover with NAS and a cursory search tells me there's nothing in their network anywhere near Al Reef, looks like they're around the city centre. How have others found a good General Practice doctor? I've only had a quite look at the recommended forum so the answer may be to look there?
  • Does anyone else on the forum live in Al Reef? I was very relieved to find the recycling bins outside of the apartment building and if there's any other information you can share that would be helpful ie. community events notices, guidelines for living in the area etc. My husband had the apartment all set up before we got here which was great, just can't help feeling there may be more information we should have.
  • Does anyone in Al Reef have kids at the Canadian International School? 
  • What's the best way to find a driver service?
  • What's the best way to investigate positions vacant in the cultural sector in AD?

Apologies for the probably longer than usual introduce yourself post, I'm also pretty new to forums!

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide :smile:

You may want to ask these questions in the main Cafe forum :-)

Hi ladies,

I am Melina, I am an expat from the Netherlands. I stay in Jabel Ali as my hubby works there. Everyday I have to take a long drive to Abu Dhabi for my work. I have a daughter. I am pleased to be on this forum.

Edited by Coolmel

22 minutes ago, Coolmel said:

Hi ladies,

I am Melina, I am an expat from the Netherlands. I stay in Jabel Ali as my hubby works there. Everyday I have to take a long drive to Abu Dhabi for my work. I have a daughter. I am pleased to be on this forum.

Hi Melina,

welcome you and your lovely family to UAE & to Abudhabiwoman forum. 

Here youll find lots of ladies from all over the world almost who will help and assist you as much as they can. 

One thing about living in Jebal Ali! There are plenty of places in between abudhabi and dubai, where you and your husbend can live at and with less yearly rent lease, easy for you to get to abudhabi and ur husbend to get to Jabal Ali!

anyhow, wish you all the best and good luck

Hello hi everybod

My name is Sarah. I've moved to UAE in 2015 and I am very happy here. I am Egyptian and I operate a shopping website about where to buy in dubai. The best things I like here are:

the winter weather, the beaches, the luxury, and meeting ppl with different backgrounds that you kinda have every stereotype you have about ppl is shattered.

I have 3 kids, 4,6,10 and I like to read. I am currently reading a book called presence which I highly recommend. I also crochet and I have a crochet blog and I do some video tutorials too.

that's about it!

4 minutes ago, Springlily said:

Hi, I am Stacy and I am working here as Lead software designer. Apart from the job, life is a bit stagnant and boring. Yeah, I am homesick.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that, I been through this when I was out of the UAE for many years. Believe me it's all in your hand! you make it happy and you can make it sad experiance being here or any where on the mother planet. I believe there is always way of enjoyment and having good time. Definatelly it's not all work work work! Open your eyes O_o and have fun :dance::super: