In Renewing Maid's Visa - Needs Tenancy Contract As Well?

12 posts in this topic

I'm due to renew my maid's visa...just wondering if I will need to have an attested tenancy contract as well....and if I will use the 30-day grace period, do I have to notify the immigration or ministry of interior?

Thanks!

Answering my own question as I went to the immigration today.... yes the "attested" tenancy contract is now required.

Requirements for renewal of servant visa: (as of July 1st, 2012)

1. Servant's original passport
  2. Servant's photo with white background (1 piece)
  3. Sponsor's passport copy
  4. Sponsor's salary certificate in Arabic
  5. Sponsor's labour contract copy
  6. Attested tenancy contract in sponsor's name*NEW REQUIREMENT

Tenancy Contract:

• The tenancy contract should be under the sponsor's name
  • It does not matter for now the type of house or apartment. (ex. villa, 3br, 1br, studio)
  • The tenancy contract should be attested by the Municipality of Abu Dhabi (Baladiya). To attest it, you need to also to present the Tawtheeq receipt. Ask the landlord for this receipt.

So what if you live in a hotel apartment provided for by the company? So silly....

Your company/PRO can help you best. ;-)

Ambassador

We just renewed our maids visa and while we needed the tenancy contract , it didn't need to be attested.

We just renewed our maids visa and while we needed the tenancy contract , it didn't need to be attested.

thanks pebbles. Great. I have just finished with all the requirements this morning (health + daman + sponsor cert etc). Will go to the typing center tomorrow for the application then submit to the immigration.

What typing center did you use? How much did you pay? The one beside the immigration (Al Huda Typing) and Infinity Services in Marina Mall told me about the requirements with emphasis on the attestation. If the immigration does not require it, that is even better news.

Thanks for sharing.

Got my maid's visa renewed last night! Yey! They did require tenancy contract but no more attestation or other things.

I think they dropped the attestation bit when they changed the law about 3 times in a few weeks! They are just trying to keep us on our toes maybe? Or send us crazy or bankrupt :biggrin1:

I think they dropped the attestation bit when they changed the law about 3 times in a few weeks! They are just trying to keep us on our toes maybe? Or send us crazy or bankrupt :biggrin1:

I read about the news on July 11th in The National newspaper (and renewed my maid's visa on the same day :biggrin2:)... they said that there are allowing it (no attestation) now because there are lots of expats whose visa will be expiring this summer and want to renew it now before going home for their vacation.