Lammas

New Stores To Open This Weekend In Al Wahda Mall

53 posts in this topic

Tommy Bahamas the awful men's clothes or the great resturant chain in States?

Well, they didn't look like awful clothes nor where they serving food, so maybe a different shop. Just teasing, obv. Just looked like a generic mid range men's fashion.

Heard today that a Wallis was going to open somewhere in Abu Dhabi. Can't wait for that to happen. I'm sick of trying to contort myself into silly Italian/Spanish/anorexic clothing......Does anybody recall seeing that particular logo at Al Wahda Mall?

Ooooh Wallis! & I think I read somewhere that Dorothy Perkins might open too? All we need now is a decent Debenhams & we'll never have to go clothes shopping in Dubai again :biggrin2:

Edited by Ms Medieval

Ooooh Wallis! & I think I read somewhere that Dorothy Perkins might open too? All we need now is a decent Debenhams & we'll never have to go clothes shopping in Dubai again :biggrin2:

Dorothy Perkins has a store coming to the new extension at Wahda Mall, we walked past it yesterday

went through the extension of Al Wahda last weekend to go to the main mall (coming from the bus station). i in deed saw some of the stores with staff fixing all displays and stuff. i don't think i will ever have to go to abu dhabi mall once the shops there open. the place is massive and it reminds me of the malls in dubai. i'm actually happy to see that area come to life. i dunno.. but abu dhabi mall really bores me.

i just hope they'll put up the directories/maps/signs for where all the stores are. that's what i like best about the wahda mall, besides the location and easy parking. i hate going around in circles at abu dhabi mall and marina mall, such a waste of time. i'm looking forward to the new stores opening. it'll mean very few trips to abu dhabi mall, or the malls in dubai. yay!

I will be opening the Lush Cosmetics store in the new extension. It was supposed to open on 1/9/12 then 5/9/12 and now I have no idea! When I went to have a look to see which stores have opened already, (last week) there were none. So, we will have a 'soft' opening... soon??? and our 'grand' opening... probably on the 1st of October when ALL stores SHOULD be open. If you get any more news, please share!

xx

Amulet likes this

Heard today that a Wallis was going to open somewhere in Abu Dhabi. Can't wait for that to happen. I'm sick of trying to contort myself into silly Italian/Spanish/anorexic clothing......Does anybody recall seeing that particular logo at Al Wahda Mall?

Amen to that!!! in the first week I arrived I spent 7 hours in Marina Mall trying on clothes as I couldn't bring many in my 30kg luggage!!! No joy! I will hunt it down! If you find it before me, do share! :) xx

that's what i like best about the wahda mall, besides the location and easy parking

That goes to prove that everyone sees things differently, because I just hate the parking at Al Wahda. It seems to me the most poorly designed carpark in the world. I haven't been to all the carparks in the world of course, but I can't imagine a worse one. As for the poor men who have to work in there all day among those fumes and in that oppressive heat.

Mind you, the third or fourth time I went to Abu Dhabi Mall, I was within thirty seconds of taking my children, getting in a taxi and telling my husband I'd lost the car because I could not, for the life of me, find the escalator I'd used.

What a disappointment. :glare: ..................................(sigh) so many new names but still no sign of Tavola.Looks like they were looking for a place in AD but no one informed them abt the extension :scratch:

I am not sure but the woman at the info desk did reply like she had been asked a million times. I can't see where the malls connect up inside, on the second floor is a model and a wall with a big poster advertising the extention coming soon but if this is the only access point its badly designed as it should be linked in more than one place. Also that wall hasn't been turned into doors yet so it's not happening anytime soon by the look of things.

Don't ask the girls at the desk, they said the stores will open in November!!! I spoke to the Mall Manager today(I am waiting to open my store) and stores are opening as and when they are ready, and as of today there are a total of 18 stores now open in the extension.

The 'Grand Opening' of the extension will be in December - from the horses mouth!

xx

Don't ask the girls at the desk, they said the stores will open in November!!! I spoke to the Mall Manager today(I am waiting to open my store) and stores are opening as and when they are ready, and as of today there are a total of 18 stores now open in the extension.

The 'Grand Opening' of the extension will be in December - from the horses mouth!

xx

oops! I forgot to mention that there are no doors inside - you just walk through to the 'other side!' you probably know that now (I've just realised this post is over a week old!)

Hi Toomanyflannels,

I was so happy to see the new Lush store when I visited the extension earlier this week and look forward to your opening - this will save me (& DH!) many a trip to Dubai. I've been a Lush customer for many years and a Cosmetics To Go fan before that (now that really is showing my age!). I hope the new store will stock a greater range of products than Dubai - it seems a bit limited sometimes? I also hope your prices will be comparable with those in the UK - some of the products in Dubai seem to be priced way over the odds - for that reason I often stock up in the UK on certain items. I know about the whole freshness thing and have also heard tales of woe about Customs delays spoiling stock - I just don't buy it really (pardon the pun......)! I'll also take this opportunity to beg Lush to bring back the Sakura bath bomb - yes, I know it's still available as part of a gift pack but I don't want the other products in the gift pack - I just want my fizzing cherry blossom goodness back again please :) Oh and please ask them to take the colouring out of the Karma solid fragrance stick as it stains white bras orangey in this heat and humidity (have previously posted this on the Lush website). Happy days :)

Moonbear

toomanyflannels and heartshape like this

Have they put in another car park there? The entrance to the original one is a disaster!!!!

New car park looks to be round the corner, drive past the hotel, turn right and its just before the new entrance of the extension.

Jennyr_au likes this

That goes to prove that everyone sees things differently, because I just hate the parking at Al Wahda. It seems to me the most poorly designed carpark in the world. I haven't been to all the carparks in the world of course, but I can't imagine a worse one. As for the poor men who have to work in there all day among those fumes and in that oppressive heat.

Mind you, the third or fourth time I went to Abu Dhabi Mall, I was within thirty seconds of taking my children, getting in a taxi and telling my husband I'd lost the car because I could not, for the life of me, find the escalator I'd used.

i think the worst parking lots are the khalidiya mall and the mushrif mall. of course my driving one of the biggest cars around colors my opinions of parking lots around here. i need more than the usual amount of space to maneuver my great big sequoia. the marina mall...well whoever thought having so much open parking for cars to bake in the sun was a good idea should have his or her head examined.

bunnyrabbit and busymama like this

I love the parking at Mushrif, I always park in the basement and theres always hundreds of empty spaces, you can park close to the doors too for the elevator (another story!!) and there's car washers there too .

Khalidyia and AD Mall are truly awful, AD Mall wherever i park I always end up having to go up 3 escalators, through Lulus and up 2 elevators and can never find my way back !

zman75 likes this

Apparently George is open (a shop assistant at Al Wadha told me today) and she said it was very nice! Strange that the extension though is through a restaurant!

Sorry to be asked this silly question, how do we go to the extension? My husband & i were there yesteday morning but couldnt find any bridge to cross over :D

Thanks

Hi Toomanyflannels,

I was so happy to see the new Lush store when I visited the extension earlier this week and look forward to your opening - this will save me (& DH!) many a trip to Dubai. I've been a Lush customer for many years and a Cosmetics To Go fan before that (now that really is showing my age!). I hope the new store will stock a greater range of products than Dubai - it seems a bit limited sometimes? I also hope your prices will be comparable with those in the UK - some of the products in Dubai seem to be priced way over the odds - for that reason I often stock up in the UK on certain items. I know about the whole freshness thing and have also heard tales of woe about Customs delays spoiling stock - I just don't buy it really (pardon the pun......)! I'll also take this opportunity to beg Lush to bring back the Sakura bath bomb - yes, I know it's still available as part of a gift pack but I don't want the other products in the gift pack - I just want my fizzing cherry blossom goodness back again please :) Oh and please ask them to take the colouring out of the Karma solid fragrance stick as it stains white bras orangey in this heat and humidity (have previously posted this on the Lush website). Happy days :)

Moonbear

Hi Moonbear!

With regards to stock, it is going to be a work in progress because in the UK we order weekly, here we order monthly. It may take me a few months to get it 'just right' so please be patient. Unfortunately the 'Customs delays spoling stock' I have yet to experience - It is possible because the weather is so hot that unless our products are kept cool they will deteriorate, then we can't sell them and have to wait for the following delivery - a month later!

I have been working in the Dubai Mall store for the last 2 weeks and have myself told the manager to return certain stock because it was of inferior quality.

The prices will probably be the same as the Dubai stores due to shipping costs, this is out of my control. Sorry to be the barer of bad news but Sakura does not look likely to return. You may be able to get it from Retro at some point but then you will need to pay the cost of shipping. As for the colour in Karma, it is something they are constantly working on but I will definitely contact customer service about it being much more of a problem here - they may be able to make special batches for the hotter countries?

I look forward to seeing you in our store at some point.

Happy shopping!

xx

Sorry to be asked this silly question, how do we go to the extension? My husband & i were there yesteday morning but couldnt find any bridge to cross over :D

Thanks

we went through from the food court level, through Briccos Restaurant. Not sure where else to get through at this stage.

we went through from the food court level, through Briccos Restaurant. Not sure where else to get through at this stage.

We went through the entrance on level one (not ground) next to Steve madden shoe shop. Once full it's going to be amazing, even my dh was slightly excited lol

Thanks

We accessed the new extension from Level 1, directly above Noodle House.

Just been to Wahda Mall this evening and the new parking is open and getting out now is easy peasy, hoooooray!

Jennyr_au likes this

you can cross over just next to Noodle house, go through the doors and direcly in front of you is the extension.