Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
Doulou

The count down

Shoo the time is almost upon us! I've just seen the packers off and it suddenly hit me "we are on the move". The boys and I will fly on the 14th of Aug and that's just around the corner!

Just a quick thank you for all the invaluable info you have all imparted, I'm sure once we get there a whole lot more will be needed.

It will be great to get to get to meet some of you once we've arrived.

Thanks again

Louise

I'm sure you have loads of mixed feelings but remember, life is what you make it. Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you in AUH soon 023.gif

xx

Shoo the time is almost upon us! I've just seen the packers off and it suddenly hit me "we are on the move". The boys and I will fly on the 14th of Aug and that's just around the corner!

Just a quick thank you for all the invaluable info you have all imparted, I'm sure once we get there a whole lot more will be needed.

It will be great to get to get to meet some of you once we've arrived.

Thanks again

Louise

I am right there with you - we are due to fly out on the 12th of August now and it seems the days are getting shorter as the time draws closer. I still have a bunch to do and I am feeling the panic but at the same time very much looking forward to the day we arrive.

Good luck!! Safe trip!

Nice to know that I'm not the only one rowing this hectic "boat" the only good thing that the anxiety has done is knock off five kilos Clap-Hands.gif We'll have to hook up once the dust settles.

i am frantically trying to get ready to fly out on the 13th of august so nice to know i have company elsewhere in the world trying to get to abu dhabi! shipping five pets, getting two girls ready. i can't wait to just sit on the plane where everything is out of my control at that point!

Hey there C you make me laugh...Ja jou maatjie kom! Dancing-Chilli.gif soek jy tee?

Citygirl I'm there with you it's pretty hectic!! but once we're on that plane we can finally take a deep breath knowing that we got through it all! I guess all our hard work will pay off. "my poor man has no idea just how he's going to pay"

Once we get there we'll have to kick off our shoes, have a glass of wine and CHILL!

L

023.gif We fly out on 19th and so reassuring that there are other people out there feeling like me - really thought I have been going slowly insane these last few weeks tying up all loose ends.... Am sure it will all be worth it when we get to the other end and hand our 'delightful' children over to our DH's and announce that they are all theirs, well at least for 2 days whilst we all take some well earned rest. Good luck ladies over the next few weeks crossfingers.gif Have a good feeling its all gonna just fab

xxx

Good Luck to you all over the next few weeks. It is pretty hectic - hope we get to meet you all some time when you arrive! (I am waiting for DH to arrive at end August - been a long three months so far), and can also get him to keep the DD's busy while I just chill - and oh, can get a licence so can buy that wine .... Dancing-Chilli.gif

Sharky you must be proud of yourself... going it for three months! Well done!! Clap-Hands.gif Will be gr8 to meet you all soon. Looking forward to that wine biggrin.gif

L

Well besides a nice icon_jook.gif I know exactly what I will be telling DH he can give me as a thank you for having lived apart for the past nearly three years and it is a service that I had never heard of before coming to this board.

Other than that I think I am almost ready. Shipping company comes on the 7th and I only have 3 boxes left to do and then figure out what I am doing with the furniture that did not sell. DH will beback here on the 8th to fly back with us.

I am very ready for this very long plane trip and planning on having DH sit with the 2 youngest while I sit with the 2 oldest, Grin-Nod.gif Hopefully we have no problems with seating. I would not like to have the kids sit without one of us.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!For the last few days I've waking up before the sparrows have even farted!! then I just lay there with my head going off into 20 different directions....If I don't get there soon they are going to commit me! Never the less I "think" I'm coping? At least I got a tennant for our house all be it at the last minute so I can tick that one off the list, now all I have to do is get the people who bought furniture to come fetch the bloody stuff and to turf out the stuff left over then I'm out of here!! We are moving to a friends house tomorrrow so I've gotta get my A into G, part of me can't wait cause then at least I'm not surrounded by the stuff stressing me OUT...

Shoo this time next week we'll be getting ready to head off for the airport good lord time waits for no one!!

At least I can come to my computer with the sparrows for company and you lot as well...waiting for the rest of the world to wake up.

L

Louise S you are funny! And it seems as if it is years ago when I was going through exactly the same thing, and not just three months ago!! (I won't tell you that it seems so long ago because there are a multitiude of different stressors when you get here ...he he he!)

Good luck and hope to meet you soon.

Shipping company showed up at 830 this a.m. instead of 10:00 - evrything is on the truck and ready to go!!!!!

One less thing to worry about now. DH arrives on Saturday and we all fly out Tuesday - now I can relax a little and hope that my body adjusts and starts to lose the weight I have gained with stressing.

One step closer!!

Clap-Hands.gif