Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andyka

Where To Buy Great Quality Bed

7 posts in this topic

Dear ladies, slowly we are furniture shopping and after 5 years sleeping in rented beds we finally want to splash out on supee comfy nice bed with a proper mattess which should last us next 10 years :) any idea where to go shopping for them? Proper bed experts shop. Also we will need some very nice good quality pillows, duvets, and bedlinen. Thanks a lot....

I am not sure if there are really great quality beds, unless Pottery Barn ( which has a sale on now ) have good ones for those highly expensive prices of beds there. Usually when we buy beds and they are not so stable, we bring in a carpenter to reinforce them. They are experience enough. We have done that over the years with most beds where needed.

The worst problem I find is the service people who deliver the beds and tend to do a very poor or sloppy job, if you are not keeping your eye on them when they assemble the bed, you can be assured, some of the parts will not even be screwed in or drawers were left for you to finish. Plus, the quality of screws or bars that connect beds or drawers were of very poor quality. So you need to watch out for this. Always ask about the assembly of furniture first hand.

There is a new bed store ( just beds) next to Home Center in Dalma Mall, you can also check Home Center too. Other places/ Huzaifa, Pans Emirates, Royal Furniture ( probably these people will have carpenter to reinforce bed) 2XL at Marina Center, at port area. Also expensive place but good quality, and the THE ONE another expensive place but good quality. It depends on your budget. Dwell and CHEN ONE are proper Bed Shops which will have bedding etc. too.

Edited by DesertDream

I would stick to reputable mattress brands and not any of the "store" brands that Homes-R-Us and some other stores might carry. We have a SpingAir brand mattress and have had it for 6 years and think its fantastic; the only place that I know that carries the brand is a little shop called "Living Room" that's behind Pan Emirates furniture.

DesertDream likes this