Abu Dhabi Woman
dhabidame6

Batteries For Large Toy Car

I bought a large ride on car for my son last year, the one where you can drive using the pedal or control it by a remote. The batteries are now spoilt and I am trying to locate a replacement without luck. The vendor we bought from does not keep batteries. Any idea where we can get batteries from?

did you try to goole the battery type (a combination of letters and numbers like "ABC666", and the voltage...)? you might be able to get one shipped over here

Edited by kbt@ad

Thanks, will try but are batteries allowed via shipments, as most airlines do not allow them aboard.

Certain batteries are considered hazardous goods so may be difficult to ship without permits, etc. You will need to check with seller/courier company. Also sounds like an expensive option. Have you tried the major stores that sell the kids electric cars? Toys R Us, LRC, Hamleys, etc.

Amazed that the batteries are not stocked by the original seller (although thinking again maybe not...), I have seen quite a few electric cars on compounds over the years so someone must stock them!

What about the online kids stores (mumzworld, etc.). They sell the electric cars on their site, might be worth contacting them with the product/battery information to see if they also stock spares/batteries.

Seems like an expensive item having to buy batteries, I assumed that the electric toy cars had rechargeable batteries... guess not! :unsure:

Good luck.

Thanks Deja vu. The batteries were rechargeable, however are no longer recharging. Have tried the toy stores and a lot of other hardware kind of stores. Seems like repairing is not so much of an option in this part of the world. These toy cars are expensive and my son was able to use his only for 1 year due to this issue.

I'm quite sure those batteries are allowed to be shipped (how else would the original batteries, together with the toy car, have come here?) everything comes with batteries these days ;) it's only real car's batteries they don't like (liquids)

if you find it e.g. via amazon, the shipping will be around 50DH.

we had replacement done from the small shops in madinat zayed, but....it works with 1st time charging, then it doesnt charge at all.

we r sad cos the car lies here like a furniture and we cant use.

If anyone is ordering battery or bought good 1s which last longer , please inform me also.

Hi all,

After an endless search for batteries for my kid's toy car, I came across a shop which actually sells them which are very cheap. I got mine for AED 35. The place is called "Sima Electronics" located opposite to Life Line hospial in Electra St. you can look it up on Google for the contact details.

Edited by Snowi