Abu Dhabi Woman
tri-geek

Maid Visa Requirements

Please can anyone point me in the right direction for an updated version of this, friends of ours are leaving and we are considering taking on their maid who we know and trust. I want towork out the full costs per year that we can expect to spend if we take her on, along witht he process we need to go through to change her from them to my husbands sponsorship.

Thanks in Advance!!

Please can anyone point me in the right direction for an updated version of this, friends of ours are leaving and we are considering taking on their maid who we know and trust. I want towork out the full costs per year that we can expect to spend if we take her on, along witht he process we need to go through to change her from them to my husbands sponsorship.

Thanks in Advance!!

can you try this one: http://www.abudhabiwoman.com/blog/210/entry-380-transfer-of-maids-visa/

Hi,

I've just completed the renewal of my maids visa. Here are the key steps and costs associated with the process:

1. Medical/Visa Screening at Capital Health Mubadala - paid 250dhs, result available in 2 days.

• Needed to take: Maids passport, visa and Emirates ID

2. Once I got the results from her Medical, I applied for her Daman Card at Airport Road - paid 600dhs, card available same day.

• Needed to take: Maids passport and visa copy, Emirates ID, Health Result from Medical Screening, Photo of maid in white background, Existing Health Card copy. Passport and Visa copy sponsor, Emirates ID copy sponsor, Health Card copy sponsor.
  • Also needed: (i) Daman Application form signed by sponsor. (ii) Salary certificate of maid signed by sponsor. (iii) Policy Holder Authorisation Form. Daman will give you the forms for (i) and (iii). You will need to bring (ii).

I recommend that both sponsor and maid go to Daman together to avoid going back and forth getting signatures for the paperwork.

Once the paperwork is submitted Daman will issue the card the same day.

3. Typing Centre - Apply to renew Emirates ID and Visa Renewal.

Emirates ID - cost 200dhs, but have been told that you can do this online and it wont cost you anything. I just did it at the typing centre.

Needed to take for Emirates ID: Maids passport and visa (original), Sponsors Passport and visa (original)

Visa Renway Form - cost 5,600 or you can pay 5,700 and you can collect your visa sticker and stamp immediately from Immigration.

I paid 5,700 went to the Emirates Typing Centre which is just outside the Immigration department they typed the renewal form and then I walked over to Immigration to collect stamp.

Needed to take for Visa Renwal/Stamping: Maids passport and visa (original), Medical result (original), Daman Card, Maids photo on white background (they ask for 4 copies but only took 1 - be on the safe side and take 4 copies). Copy of Emirates ID renewal application. Sponsors passport and visa (original), sponsors tenancy agreement (this should be the attested copy that has been lodged with the Municipality).

Typing Centre will process the application - you pay them the renewal fee and they will staple your documents, provide you with the correct forms for immigration.

NEW STEP!!!

4. Before you go to the Immigration Office to collect your visa and have it stamped, you need to go the the Dubai Commercial Bank which is on the first floor of the building in the middle of Immigration and pay a guarantee deposit of dhs2,000. Apparently this is a new step in the process which has been introduced from August. The bank will issue you with a receipt for payment of the deposit. You only need to pay this deposit once and it will be refunded when you cancel your maids visa.

I was only made aware of this step after waiting for an hour to get the visa and stamp and then be told by the not so helpful officer to go to bank and pay deposit...... 30 minutes and dhs2,000 later I was back at the same desk with all the required documentation.

5. Visa Stamping and Sticker - Handover the reciept from the bank deposit - Immigration will peel off the top of the reciept sticker and put it on the form. They will return the bottom portion to you. Keep this as you will need to show this to them when you cancel your maids visa and want your money back. Also handover all the documents put together by the typing centre, and both maid and sponsor passports.

Stickered and stamped and your done for another year.

Total time for all steps about 1 week, although I took 3 because had to fit it into work.

Hope this is helpful.

I forgot to add - at step 3,

The typing centre will generate the standardised employment contract that is now mandatory at the same time they lodge your visa renewal application. You will need to sign this and so will your maid before you take it into Immigration for stamping and visa renewal.

For what it's worth - my boss just followed this process and said it was pretty accurate - except he didn't need to supply his own labour contract.  He simply reminded the typing clerk who his employer was (easy to tell by the salary letter) - government and semi-government employees don't need a labour card so I think that's why the typing clerk was OK with ignoring that bit.

For what it's worth - my boss just followed this process and said it was pretty accurate - except he didn't need to supply his own labour contract.  He simply reminded the typing clerk who his employer was (easy to tell by the salary letter) - government and semi-government employees don't need a labour card so I think that's why the typing clerk was OK with ignoring that bit.

Yes that's right. Labour contract is for employees under private sectors.  Thanks for noting AT.

Just finishing up the process (thanks to all your wonderful advice).  Thought I'd add some last minute things that were requested at immigration.  I needed an original copy of the "Fit" paper.  The one I had was taken at Daman, so I had to get another, but next year I'll ask for two stamped copies.  They also needed an extra copy of the tenancy agreement and a copy of my maid's health card.  Hopefully, that is all and everything is stamped this afternoon...