Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
rawprana

How To Comply With The New Maids

Link below May be helpful or beneficial to others who are looking into hiring a maid soon. Was posted on a local Facebook board and I found it helpful so thought I should share. Provides a quick rundown/guidance on the Ministry of Interior standardized contract and legal procedures that were made in June to provide protection for both employer and employee.

Some on the board may already know the in's and out's of the MoI changes/policies for hiring a maid, and the new standardized contract. However, link below I found helpful for reference: link provides a list of wages set by the various embassies, Visa process, working hours (legal), Legal Contracts needed (the standardized contract), Hiring costs etc.

http://www.souqalmal.com/blog/how-to-comply-with-the-new-maids-law/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sfb-ar-ae-maidlaw

Edited by rawprana

Hi 100PureNZ: not sure if this helps or not - below links has the generic pdf of the unified contract known or called employment agreement for domestic workers and sponsors (attached link is pdf of the document that requires 3 copies and signed by both employer and employee etc). This example is the Bangladesh Embassy - the maids embassy should have the unified contracts also for distribution to the intended employer(s).

http://www.bdembassyuae.org/forms/Employment%20Agreement%20between%20Domestic%20Workers%20and%20Sponsor%20English.pdf

Regards.

Does anyone where to go (address would be great) to get the new standardised contracts for maids?

In any of the typing centers by the immigration office you can ask for that. I just dont know if they can give it away or copy.

Edited by corona

Is this the new contract being talked about? It doesn't seem to be too different from the old one..

I thought there was talk of specifying more details such as total working hours etc..

I have not seen the new one yet but the contract is always available at the typing center.

I just renewed my maids visa and updated the pinned post on Maids Visa Requirements - has an update on the process, costs etc. There was a new step that I wasnt aware of that cost an extra dhs2,000 for the guarantee deposit. You have to pay this and get a receipt from the bank (Dubai Commercial) which is inside Immigration. You get this back when you cancel your maids visa.

Also - regarding the employment contract for your maid - the typing centre provides this. I just needed my maid to sign it once the typing centre printed it out along with all the other documentation they had to input to renew the maids visa.