mommy121

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM PEARL OR AL MUNA

Question

hiii ladies,

m again starting this topic just to know if i m the only one who is left out or are there other people on this boat too? Scratch-Head.gif ......... Has anyone really heard anything from al muna school as the places in pearl are all filled up.

89 answers to this question

I know this has made me very angry too because we haven't heard anything from them yet and even if you call nobody answers. It seems you have to go there personally in order to get some answers. Another friend of mine went their yesterday and she was told that they will contact her in two weeks for assessment tests.

Shell,

If this is true, can you pls let me know .... This will put me off from taking my daughter there .... I don't want her to learn jumping Qs ...

Before i get on my angry band wagon, which school was this for , as i have applied for both Pearl and Al Muna ( 1st day of regisrations ) so i know which school to cantact

cheers

oops just re read the post, i know which one to contact now

Edited by shell

I called up Pearl ... As I thought they are the one who will look after muna as well Scratch-Head.gif

I applied to pearl in feb and then filled up muna form on the open day ...

it was for year one in Al Muna but their application was transferred from Alyasmina.

Just sent the email of , i think i may of just blown my chances of getting into either school red_smile.gif

Will keep you informed on what is replied if i get one

i do know that they are processing people that want to transfer from Al yasmina to Al muna , that could be why they got a place, maybe i should of applied to Al Yasmina instead of Pearl or Al muna

Well shell, you can not predict this, can you? I always thought they should go by the date applied (no matter what school) and then give admission ...

But... Hey, I am in AD ... what am I thinking ... anyone use logic here?

Date of admission is one thing but there are many factors as well that play in school admissions , believe me it's like a puzzle. For example in Al Muna, you have all these categories and I don't know which is which so don't quote me on this:

1.siblings-nationals working for Aldar

2.siblings-nationals

3.siblings- other nationalities

4. nationals - Aldar employees

5. nationals -non Al dar employess

6. and then you have the rest

this is true , a lot of kids are migrating from al Yasmina to AL Muna as it is in the city.this is so awful .the admin should first decide for other students then if they have a place they should give it the Yasmina students.looks like Al Muna has another priority that is Al Yasmina students.this way i dont think our children stand a chance........ thumbs_down.gif

At the meeting about the opening of Al Muna, it was stated very clearly that first priority was to be given to Al Yasmina students who wanted to move into town. Although I really want a place at Al Muna, I do think that this is fair enough, as I would not like to drive my kids from the Corniche to Al Yasmina as friends have been having to do. At least this will free up places at Al Yasmina

that means we wasted time applying for Muna and that we should have applied to Al Yasmina instead 021.gif but such a bad luck that Yasmina registrations are closed. the parents of the children going to Yasmina atleast have their kids going to a good school but we on the other hand have yet to get our kids into one......

The one school i didnt apply at lol

got a reply from my email and they are going to do another round of assesments for FS1 in a couple of weeks , and was also told that they are very strict in not allocating school places to friends etc

I have decided to take a chill pill and let my ds do his FS1 at nursery now so i will no longer stress about getting into a school ,

lol, i wish i could do the same like you shell but...............i have never heard of any school taking this much of time to asses new students.they are not assesing siblings as one of my friends dd got a place without even asking for it at pearl in fs1 as her ds was already there.no assesment was necessary for her dd.why is this so???? Furious.gif

I have had my son down for FS2 asap or Yr 1 in September, at Yasmina since February and also Al Muna - and he has a sister at Al Yasmina already - so you would think we would be fairly near the top of the list..........Not a peep from either of them. Not even heard if we need an assessment or not!!

Just told to keep waiting and things may change.............

So if people really are getting places just from knowing someone in the school I will make a formal complaint!!

Apparently it helps to know someone inside, I know people who applied mid February. They have managed to secure a place in grade 1 in Al Muna after speaking to a friend who works there.

dont believe that to be true, perhaps they are aldar or associated and thats how they jumped the queue etc

Hi there!

I have heard from AL Muna and have a girl starting in Year 4 and a boy Year 1.

We are currently in the UK but will be moving out in August, so if anyone is interested in meeting up the week before school it would be good to meet some friendly faces.

Thanks

Hi there!

I have heard from AL Muna and have a girl starting in Year 4 and a boy Year 1.

We are currently in the UK but will be moving out in August, so if anyone is interested in meeting up the week before school it would be good to meet some friendly faces.

Thanks

Hi Sarah, I have just pm'd you smile.gif

yoohooo....

Heard from Al Muna .... Got a place for my DD to start year 3 there. I need to pay registration fees 2000 in 3-4 days to confirm the place.

Dancing-Chilli.gifDancing-Chilli.gif

I know a mom who just today told The Pearl that she is taking out a year 3 and FS2 (september slots). Don't give up hope, they will surely be more spots!

how lucky ,well we still are crossfingers.gif