Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
Pilgram

Tenancy Contract In Arabic? Where To Get Translated?

Question

5 answers to this question

Our (potentially) new landlord just gave us our tenancy contract entirely in Arabic. Where can we get this translated? And is it even legal entirely in Arabic?

It's definitely legal if it's entirely in Arabic. In all of your dealings in this country, the Arabic version of whatever it is you're looking at takes precedence over the English version - if there is one. They have made no bones about the fact that Arabic is the first language of business here.

I know my last place of employment recently stopped bothering to translate a lot of the Arabic stuff that was going out to staff AND they insisted that all English documents were translated into Arabic if they were to be sent to anybody outside the organisation.

It's definitely legal if it's entirely in Arabic. In all of your dealings in this country, the Arabic version of whatever it is you're looking at takes precedence over the English version - if there is one. They have made no bones about the fact that Arabic is the first language of business here.

I know my last place of employment recently stopped bothering to translate a lot of the Arabic stuff that was going out to staff AND they insisted that all English documents were translated into Arabic if they were to be sent to anybody outside the organisation.

Any ideas where we can get it translated then? I like to know what I'm signing. :/

Any ideas where we can get it translated then? I like to know what I'm signing. :/

I presume the folk who do the English to Arabic translations (the ones on Hamdan Street who do birth certificates etc) might be able to do it the other way for you. Or....you take it to an Arabic reader/speaker who is very good at explaining the finer points of translation. Maybe somebody on the forum might be able to help?

Edited by aussietania

Take it to GOSB which is in a side street off Hamdan near the old Al Noor, they do translations.better you have it translated to English and have that to show your new landlord before signing the copy he has given you.

Edited by Lammas