Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
irishrover

Notar Needed

You can go to the U.S. Embassy to get docs notarized, if you are a US Citizen. You just make an appointment, but urgent won't work, and it's pretty easy if all your docs are ready and costs I think $50 but check the website to be sure. There may be other avenues to get things notorized but I can't speak to those.

The notaries here at the courts, chamber of commerce, etc will only notarise documents if they are in Arabic (most people usually do the dual English/Arabic columns).

Your best bet is the US embassy. Know friends who sold their property in the US and used the embassy even if they were not US citizens. Go to the website and use the online booking system.

Another option is to call round the different international law firms based here and ask if they have a US registered notary who can assist.

I urgently need a Notar to witness a document re the sale of a house in USA. Can anyone help me out.

Tks irishrover

Might be wrong but I think at some stage TheGoodeLife asked this same question when she a selling a property in the US. Maybe you could contact her and ask who she used. Again, I may be wrong as memory not what it once was so apologies in advance.......

The US embassy or chamber of commerce. For the US Embassy you will need to make an appointment, bring your passport, bring document to be notarized, and it is best to bring exact change. I have seen them in the past do it for non US citizens. Maybe it is listed on their website.

Good luck.