Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
tri-geek

Meet Savvy Woman Avneet Kohli Founder of I Opener

savvy_Avneet.jpg

I was born and raised in Abu Dhabi. My parents have lived in the UAE for over 30 years. In 2007, I went to Mumbai for my Higher Education in Business Management. I started working at a young age in the Media & Events sector and would often visit my family in Abu Dhabi. In February, earlier this year I decided to come home to Abu Dhabi for good.

As a Presenter & TV Anchor I've visited UAE multiple times in the past for my shows such as Celebrity Cricket League, TOP 50 Indians in the Middle East with Times Of India or the ICC World cup Cricket tournament to name a few. However, I've never trained here. Back in Mumbai, I had started my own Image building venture in 2014 where I would train with corporates in the Retail, Media & Education sector. I would also be a Guest lecturer at a Fashion Institutes like Parsons & Mod'Art in Mumbai.

Now that Im back here, I plan to grow the same here along with organising open workshops. My intention is to empower women and young adults in different subjects such as Persona, Grooming, Styling, Body Language & Communication Skills etc.

I'm organising my first 2-day event known as "The Confidence Weekender" on 15th & 16th July 2016 in Abu Dhabi at the Crown Plaza Hotel. Registrations are now open for the same. I'm hoping this event will catapult my service offering, and I hope to organise many more in this part of the world.

I am in the process of setting up a Consulting & Training business here, and one of the hardest barriers in my experience is not being able to speak Arabic. I can read and write in Arabic, but speaking makes a lot of difference for licenses, approvals, and permits.

To me, Abu Dhabi has been very rewarding.  I was featured in the Filmfare magazine with a 2-page write-up on my achievements as I hosted the Red Carpet at the mega event. Comforts, Convenient Lifestyle, No pollution, are on the top of my list of quality of life and Abu Dhabi has all of those boxes I've ticked.  No taxes is a bonus!

If I could give advice to women, I'd say ... Don't wait. Start. There will always be a few bumps along your journey, but you'll find a way. Everything falls into place once there is a momentum to your efforts. Be mentally strong, aim for financial independence & give back to society in whichever way you can.

To learn more about Avneet and her Image Building venture, I Opener visit www.avneetkohli.com

Social Media pages

I Opener page : https://www.facebook.com/iopenerimage/

Avneet Kohli Page : https://www.facebook.com/Kohli.avneet/

Instagram : avneet.kohli