Abu Dhabi Woman
um Shaikh

Looking for a tutor to teach phonics for my 3.3 years? Help?

Hi everybody,

i would like to teach my 3.3 years old daughter phonics but I really do not do how! Although my bachelor and master degrees were both been studied in English , I have not ever studied phonies! I also confuse and cannot differentiate the sound of the letters a, e, i, and u. 

please help how can I start ? who can teach me to teach my child ??? Or I wish I can find a tutor for her?!

thanks 

Edited by um Shaikh

im french educated i wish i can help , but u know whag u can check youtube !! u will be surprised because these days youtube is the solution for evrything 

7 hours ago, Ashwaa said:

im french educated i wish i can help , but u know whag u can check youtube !! u will be surprised because these days youtube is the solution for evrything 

Thank you for your reply AShwaa, I have already looked at YouTube and think it is difficult for me to do that. I wish if I can find a tutor for my daughter!

thanks 

1 hour ago, rachellouise said:

Hello, I am an Early Years teacher in Abu Dhabi, providing English Langauge support to Pre-schoolers, based on the Jolly Phonics programme. Please E-mail me for more details.

Rachellouiseoleary@gmail.com 

Thank you for your reply. I have sent you an email .

thanks

Phonics? At 3.3 years? Why? I know there's a big push for academics in Abu Dhabi schools, but please try your best not to let that kind of pressure rob your daughter of her chance to play and explore the world. This article is really interesting -- kids are not playing enough these days! 

Also, note that the Finnish system, widely viewed as the among the best in the world, doesn't start phonics instruction until age 7. 

Instead, focus on enriching her language - talk to her, both in your native language and in English, if you choose. Read to her. Go for discovery walks in the park. Build a blanket fort. Make going to the grocery store an adventure, and find all the yellow/green/purple foods you can. Sing rhyming songs, make up funny alliterative poems. Clap words into syllables to teach early phonological awareness. But why sit her down to study phonics?There will be plenty of time for that later - let her be a kid. 

PS. written by a speech therapist with a master's in education, so please trust that I do know the value of early language education. 

PPS. off my soapbox now! :) 

On ٥‏/٩‏/٢٠١٦ at 6:58 PM, missjessica said:

Phonics? At 3.3 years? Why? I know there's a big push for academics in Abu Dhabi schools, but please try your best not to let that kind of pressure rob your daughter of her chance to play and explore the world. This article is really interesting -- kids are not playing enough these days! 

Also, note that the Finnish system, widely viewed as the among the best in the world, doesn't start phonics instruction until age 7. 

Instead, focus on enriching her language - talk to her, both in your native language and in English, if you choose. Read to her. Go for discovery walks in the park. Build a blanket fort. Make going to the grocery store an adventure, and find all the yellow/green/purple foods you can. Sing rhyming songs, make up funny alliterative poems. Clap words into syllables to teach early phonological awareness. But why sit her down to study phonics?There will be plenty of time for that later - let her be a kid. 

PS. written by a speech therapist with a master's in education, so please trust that I do know the value of early language education. 

PPS. off my soapbox now! :) 

I think you are 100% right . Yes we have already started teaching her phoics but we do not set her dowm and teach her in a very academic way ,not at all , we do not put any pressure on her. She is learing phonics through through playing with clays drawing using sand and through using interactive activites.

Thank you for your point and for your useful article ,  I love it