Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
momof3

Please ask for receipts from small shops

Just a reminder, but please make sure you get receipts for your transactions.  I went to one of the pharmacies near my house over the weekend, and there was a new girl working at the counter.  I usually calculate things in my head, so I have an idea of the appx bill.  When she “rang” up the amount, I was expecting it to be about 100 dhs, but she said the bill was 297.  I went ahead and paid, thinking maybe one item was far diff price than I expected, got my 3 dhs change, and then she just said thanks and expected me to leave.  I asked her where is my receipt?  At this point, she became very flustered and started ringing things up again, then told me to give her back the 3 dhs.  I asked her why, did you charge me wrong?  She said, oh there’s a slight difference.  The actual bill should have been 101 dhs.  She corrected it and said, oh I’m so sorry for the mistake.  Then I had to again ask for the receipt, which this time had the right amount but was time stamped for the wrong day and time.  I have not been able to find corporate information for this store to report what happened, but I just want to remind everyone to always always always get a receipt.

I have seen this hesitancy to give receipts at shops, laundries, and even Spinneys one time ( last week) too. I became suspicious when the cashier didn't want to close her till box straight away, she left it open waiting for me to leave.  I always ask for my receipts now. I think  laundries need to price the cost of each item also and not just place a large sum of total on receipt. Laundries are overcharging in some cases.