Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
DesertDream

Sheikh Zayed Heritage Festival 2017 -al Wathba

The Shiekh Zayed Heritage Festival has opened ( just 2 days now) at al Wathba, it is a great yearly event.. a must see. lots of things to see there, buy, and even the food stalls . I enjoyed the one last year, so hope to go again this year.  You can buy local food products, spices, traditional garments, winter shawls, and so much more. Lots of entertainments and firework events too. Last year there was a classic car show event there. So, something for everyone.

Note: This will last until 27th January, 2018. Nice time of the year too!

Edited by DesertDream

More info about this:

There will be fireworks everyday and dancing water fountain displays. there are still National Day festivities going on as well, so hope you all enjoy. I am planning to go to the festival this week hopefully with son and his wife, we love these events.  Last year, they  had all the old traditional candies that were selling in the past-still around today but hard to find.. you can find them mainly in area such as Ajman and RAK etc.. Having said this, a lot of them are from the UK  ( since many were imported) such as the traditional uk bubble gum , milk chewies.. and the list goes on.

The first time around I bought two medhana (s) ( locally made with palm tree fronds ( quite expensive but hand-made!) , these are use to perfume clothing and prayer mats etc.. Last year I bought some nice scarf and a real leather handbag..plus, son and his wife bought the traditional candy.  

There is lots going on with the cooler weather here now, so will keep you all up to date as much as I can.

Edited by DesertDream

Thanks for the heads-up on this, DD.

We went last year, and it was utterly amazing - so many incredible stalls and wonderful local cuisine. Just a reminder to ADW members to take cash! Most of the stall holders don't take bank cards, understandably, and we ran out of money last time (much to my annoyance and DH's relief :biggrin:)

You're welcome Jillybean.  Lol about the spending, yes, so many wonderful things to buy including some unique items. It really is very good you reminded everyone about the cash. :thumbup:

I don't use  cards anyway but I just put a budget in my purse and that way I don't overspend. Like you wish I had more money at times  lol Discovered that I was portable pocket bank for family members when they realized I had cash!! But there was . by the way, a ATM  machine there.