Abu Dhabi Woman
yabadabidoo

Taxi question

Hello ladies

Well, I left Abu Dhabi in 2012 after 7 fantastic years and now I am finally coming back for a holiday visit. I am remarried and my husband has wonderfully agreed to be dragged around and down my memory lane for a holiday. i have a question re taxis.

the gold and green ones were being phased out as i left and taxi's could be booked by calling, though it was not totally reliable.  Is using just taxis to get around AD feasible...inc heading to Grand Mosque and off island (and getting back) The reason i ask is we don't really want to hire a car on our visit.

Thanks in advance.

Sharron

Wow, you I'll notice a big difference I am sure. As above there are lots of taxis. I have phoned and booked lots of times and never really had an issue. The app on the other hand shows me living in the next tower down from us, not really a problem though. I'm sure your husband will enjoy seeing around Abu Dhabi

To my knowledge  Uber are no longer operational in AD ...however I believe Careem are and they are similar to Uber.

There is now a taxi app.... so you dont even have to call anymore!

Hi All.

So can you not " flag" a taxi now at all?

Like you could with the white/gold ones? Do they all have to be pre booked, are the taxi ranks still outside the Malls?

Yes and yes!