Abu Dhabi Woman

Question

Hello

First-time poster here. I am seriously considering a teaching job in Al Shamkha. I will be moving from overseas and am just a little concerned about how little there is about the area on the internet. It appears to be a very new suburb. Does anybody know if it is considered a nice and safe area? If you would recommend working/living there and if Abu Dhabi's main city centre is easily accessible from there? Is public transport ok to use or the taxis there? I'm a young female and will be on my own so would be great to know a bit about the area before accepting. 

Many thanks 

2 answers to this question

Al Shamkha is an Emirate neighborhood and is on the outside of Abu Dhabi main city and close the the AUH airport.  There is not much in the neighborhood for shopping but there is a quick shop there where you can buy most things on-the-fly.  I'm guessing you will be teaching Emirate children as no expats can live in the immediate area.  But simply across the Mafraq highway is Khalifa city B and further over (about 10 minutes) is Khalifa city A.  There is a big shopping mall in Baniyas which is about 15 minutes.  You could live in Al Reef or any of the khalifa's if you had a car.

hi,

You can call the grocery and they deliver anything you need here!concerning safety, you really dont have to be worry, in buses or taxis...i agree with previous answer. As an expat you can live also in shahama ( supermarkets coop and ramez), al bahya.( with deerfield mall)carrefour.and the beach is close to you.

You dont need to live and even go to abudhabi town as you have all you need next to you.