Abu Dhabi Woman
Sign in to follow this  
neat102

Multifocal contact lens

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, neat102 said:

Anyone here have any feedback on using multifocal contact lens? Where did you get them from? Thank you.

Is that bifocal ? and lens in eye glasses as not heard about them in contact lens. 

Edited by DesertDream

Okay, came by an article today  in regards to progressive lens ( glasses) as an optician recommended them. I think they are ( multifocal) but known as Progressive if I am right. Unlike bifocal etc.. they allow you to look  far, look near and so forth without changing glasses each time for near and far. Hope this help anyway.

Hi,

I have tried and tested 2 brands however, it didn't work for me. Checked with friends, who are in similar situation and was advised to use standard contact lenses and buy cheap reading glasses.

I know you can get them as my Mum had them but in the UK. Yateem are very helpful, I would try there, if not one of the hospital ones. I'm sure you will get them. My Mum said, at first she felt dizzy and could fall over her own feet. The optician said to wear them slowly bit by bit and your brain learns to focus, it didn't take long and she said she had no idea she was wearing them, they were distance and close in one lense. 

I got trial pairs from Vision Express in Yas Mall and also from Magrabi - I showed them my prescription and they each gave me two types.  I've yet to find one that works well.  One pair was very drying to my eyes, one made me feel like I had vertigo, and another were very hard to get off at the end of the day.  I'm still searching but may just order some from home or use my regular contacts and feel like I am not seeing all words on the computer clearly.

Good luck!